VGT Forums (Video Game Talk)

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying VGT Forums, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts, plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Feel free to register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying VGT Forums, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts, plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Feel free to register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With talk about anything video game and tech related you can always find something to do here on VGT Forums!

3 posters

A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7..

NANTUCKET1
    NANTUCKET1

Male
    Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2008-01-02

A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7.. Empty A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7..

Post by NANTUCKET1 Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Final Fantasy 7 has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time, according to many different souces. After reading about it, I can understand why. The game play and plot both seem to be spectacular, and the characters are the monster-truck sized cherry on top. And of course, anyone who has played an RPG probably knows who Sephiroth is. My only complaint, or rather, pondering is this, I (being a writer myself) thought up a story with a cast, plot, asn setting similar to this games. Now, while this might just be coincidence (and I am pretty sure it is) I sort of feel shut out. Now my story will only be seen as a spin-off of Final Fantasy 7. So my question is this; Is the game really that good? Please respond with comments! Question
    Ichigo
    Ichigo
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-01-25

A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7.. Empty Re: A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7..

Post by Ichigo Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:57 pm

well am just 12 and fanil fantasy came out when before i was born maybe so i dont get the story behind it lol!
    Matthew
    Matthew
    Technician

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-02-12

A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7.. Empty Re: A Question from a man who has never played Final Fantasy 7..

Post by Matthew Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:23 pm

Great story and concept in general. Poorly animated, though.

The Story: now, my first FF game was the 8th sequel, so this one was the second for me, actually. Still, both of games have really long and complex story with great characters and both, action and dramatic scenes. Unfortunately, this one isn't made to have a happy ending... unless your main character, Cloud, is okay to stick with Tifa as a final. The story upgrades quickly, and will probably give you many hours of play, and that is if we don't count other substories aside that can increase amount of time maybe to double or more. So, as a conclusion, the story rules, and has all the qualities to join love and action into fantasy science fiction genre.

The Action: oh, I specially like this part. Comparing to Final Fantasy VIII, fights seem kinda much easier in this sequel. As I'm not for hard nor high level of playing, I prefer when I'm able to pass my enemies with better strategy or stealth tactic instead of fighting over 10 mins with a single enemy. The battle system is real-time turn-based mixture, which means, you have to wait for a certain time to be able to strike or use a spell, same as your enemy, but still, when your timeline is ready, you can act whenever you want to. Also, the great part in this squel (over FF8) is that you can pick up weapons and use them instead. Of course, in Final Fantasy VIII you could only have a weapon that you start with, and your were able to upgrade that certain weapon piece, but I never figured how to do that, so never mind that issue. As for the spells and materia (GF in FF8), you are pretty much able to buy that anywhere around, and the higher level between certain character and assigned materia is, the more effective magic or summoned creature is.

The Music: hmm, now that is a masterpiece. I mean, just a few months ago, I never listened to any SquareSoft music, but it's all changed now, hehe. All Final Fantasy game tracks are great in general, and this sure is no exception. It sure helpt to build the atmosphere in every point, adventuring or battling.

The Graphic: now this part was great, hey, check the 'against' section so you don't think I like all the graphics in this game, as I find some parts pretty crappy. However, since this is a PC version, I ask you again, why the heck do these consoles even exist? This sure has great graphic and runs pretty fast on even slower machines as well. Background art is really something, as well as all the animations that does not consist of human characters.

Well, what else is left to say... oh, yeah, the navigation. Well, that is great, either on the global map, simulating a craft, or running with a chocobo, hehe. Yeah, those are the bird I wouldn't like to ride twice, LOL! Naaw, seriously, the game is great.

-mobygames
    Ichigo
    Ichigo
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-01-25

Post by Ichigo Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 pm

do you really have that much time to type so much stuff?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 am